His Royal Highness, Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro, succeeded his father in March 2008 as Head of the Royal House of Bourbon Two Sicilies and as Grand Master of the internationally recognised dynastic orders pertaining to the Royal House. For many years now His Royal Highness has taken a keen and active role in the management and direction of his Family’s businesses and estates. As Grand Prefect, The Duke of Castro has been personally managing the charitable, humanitarian, hospitaller and spiritual activities of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George in Italy as well as internationally.
His Royal Highness Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro, was born in Saint Raphaël in France, on 24 February 1963 son of HRH Prince Ferdinand of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro, and HRH Princess Chantal of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Castro (born de Chevron Villette).
The Duke of Castro completed his studies at the Institute of the Marist Fathers in Toulon, at the Collège Stanislas in Nice and later studied at the Université Internationale Libre in Paris.
The work experiences of His Royal Highness include three years as head of a major public relations firm in New York. On his return to Europe, he worked at an executive for various large Italian industries and firms.
On 31 October 1998 he married Her Royal Highness Princess Camilla of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Castro (born Crociani).
From the marriage two daughters were born: H.R.H. Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Calabria and Palermo (23 June 2003) and H.R.H. Princess Maria Chiara of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Noto and Capri (1 January 2005), both born in Rome. The Royal Family lives between Rome, Monte Carlo and Paris. The Duke of Castro is fluent in Italian, French and English.
HRH Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies is the:
- 18th Duke of Castro.
- 10th Grand Master of the Illustrious Royal Order of Saint Januarius.
- 9th Grand Master of the Illustrious Royal Order of Saint Ferdinand and of Merit.
- 54th Grand Master of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George.
- 9th Grand Master of the Royal Military Order of Saint George of the Reunion.
- 8th Grand Master of the Royal Order of Francis I.
The Duke of Castro has received numerous other honours and decorations, among which:
- Knight Grand Cross of Merit of the Italian Republic (Italian Republic).
- Bailiff Knight Grand Cross of Honour and Devotion (Sovereign Military Order of Malta).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Equestrian Order of Saint Agatha (Serene Republic of San Marino).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of San Carlos (Republic of Colombia).
- The George Kastrioti Scanderbeg Order (Republic of Albania).
- Knight Grand Cross of the National Order of Juan Mora Fernandez (Republic of Costa Rica).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Vasco Nunez Balboa (Republic of Panama).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Most Devoted Royal Household Order (Kingdom of Tonga).
- Syrian Order of Outstanding Merit (First Class) (Syrian Arab Republic).
- Lebanese Order of Merit (Extraordinary Class) (Lebanese Republic).
- Order of Unification – 22 May (First Class with Collar) (Republic of Yemen).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Saint Maurice and Saint Lazarus (Royal House of Savoy).
- Knight Grand Cross with Silver Star of the Royal Order of Danilo I (Royal House of Montenegro).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa (Royal House of Bragança).
- Knight Grand Cross of the Patriarchal Order of the Holy Cross of Jerusalem (Melkite Greek Catholic Church).