Nine statesmen from across the world were invested into the internationally recognised Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St George and the Royal Order of Francis I at an Investiture ceremony presided held at Stationers’ Hall in London. The Grand Master of the Order, HRH Prince Charles of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro presided.
The Order’s Grand Magistral Delegate for Inter-Religious Relations and Delegate for Great Britain and Ireland, HE Mr Anthony Bailey, OBE, GCSS, delivered an opening speech on the reasons for the awards which was followed by short addresses by each recipient. To download a copy of the Delegate’s speech click here.
The following awards were made having been ratified by the Grand Magistry of the Order in Rome and the Cardinal Grand Prior of the Order, His Eminence Renato Raffaele, Cardinal Martino.
– His Excellency Dr Nicholas Liverpool, President of the Commonwealth of Dominica, and Mrs Verna Liverpool, First Lady of the Commonwealth of Dominica, were invested as a Knight Grand Cross with Gold Star and the Gold Benemerenti Medal of the Constantinian Order respectively. To download a copy of President Liverpool’s speech click here.
– His Excellency Mr Filip Vujanović, President of Montenegro,was invested as a Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I. To download a copy of President Vujanović’s speech click here.
– His Royal Highness Crown Prince Tupouto’a ‘Ulukalala of the Kingdom of Tonga and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Sinaitakala Tuku’aho Fakafanua of the Kingdom of Tonga were invested as a Knight Grand Cross and a Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I. To download a copy of Crown Prince Tupouto’a ‘Ulukalala’s speech click here.
– Her Royal Highness The Princess Elena of Romania and HE Mr Alexander Nixon were invested as Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I and the Gold Benemerenti Medal of the Constantinian Order and Knight Commander of Merit with Star and Gold Benemerenti Medal of the Constantinian Order.
– The Honourable Dr Kenny D Anthony, Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, was awarded the Gold Benemerenti Medal.
Gold Benemerenti Medals of the Constantinian Order were granted to HE Prof Dr Ljubiša Stanković, Ambassador of Montenegro the Court of St James’s, Mrs Janet Charles, Acting High Commissioner of the Commonwealth of Dominica to the Court of St James’s, and Mrs Victorina Laukaupo’uli Afeaki Kioa consort of HE The High Commissioner of the Kingdom of Tonga to the Court of St James’s.
HRH Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia was invested earlier in the day by the Delegate with the Gold Benemerenti Medal.
The ceremony was attended by over 250 leading state, faith, diplomatic, and parliamentary figures from across the world.
A Guard of Honour by the Company of Pikemen and Musketeers of the Honourable Artillery Company, Body Guards to the Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of the city of London were on parade by permission of the Captain Commanding.